It’s challenging, it’s fun, it’s effective and it’s taking the fitness world by storm. Various forms of supported, gravity-free yoga has already boomed in California and New York and now Train with Jane Athletics is introducing the latest fitness craze to Aquidneck Island!
The many benefits of practicing on an OmGym, include decompression of tight joints, relieving pressure while aligning the vertebrae, being able to stretch further with less strain, and increasing overall ability while creating better body awareness. It is a complete workout free from the compression of gravity incorporating components from dance, Pilates and calisthenics.
Suspension, or gravity-free, yoga was developed to increase physical agility and overall fitness while having fun and creating beauty. The hammock used is a structural fabric connected overhead that acts like a swing or soft trapeze to change one’s dynamic relationship to the ground. The technique was originally created for gymnasts and has since been modified and perfected for the everyday athlete.
Cirque Du Soleil started the aerial dance and yoga craze with spectacular Chinese silk ribbon performances, and now the OmGym makes aerial movement comfortable for all to enjoy. This is an exceptional yoga tool, designed to increase flexibility, balance, coordination, and personal power, while experiencing the uplifting effects of heightened prana and life force. This is the perfect yoga accessory for handstand training, split training, hip opening, chest and shoulder stretching, supported back-bending, and hamstring lengthening, with the ability to use proper Iyengar alignment techniques and dynamic flow. Easily relax and flow with controlled ujjayi breath to open all chakras, move chi, cultivate Kundalini energy, and feel the vibration of OM from within. Be ready to fly.
- “One of the Top Ten Health Trends…!” – The Doctors
- “…it felt good. Fun factor: 5/5 Fitness level: 5/5” – TimeOutNewYork.com
- “You often forget you are exercising..” – FitSugar
- “…promises to be a big star in the future of fitness” – Recreation Management
- “…it’s as awesome as it sounds” – NY Post
- “Call it yoga of the future.” – Miami New Times
- “the feeling of growing strength, it all proved infectious.” – The Miami Herald
- “…that Sir Isaac surely would have loved.” – LA Times
- “…as exciting as a fitness class can get.” – New Yoga Hybrids